- Cleaning of the phaco hand piece after a case before sterilization is required. Flush 60cc of sterile water or distilled water thru the aspiration and irrigation connections at the rear of the hand piece. Then flush air thru each connection to remove the bulk of the water in the hand piece.
- Check to make sure phaco tips are tight and not damage in the hand piece. When checking the phaco tip make sure that it is not bent and that the end of the tip was not damaged by a use of a second instrument during the procedure. If the tip is found to be bent or damaged replace the tip.
- Check to make sure that the Cobra Sleeve is not worn or damaged. Check that the position of the sleeve is correct and not too far forward on the tip.
- Make sure that the hand piece is properly assembled and cocoon is loose and not torn. Check that O rings are not damaged, replace as need it.
- Check the wire and plug for broken wires or excessive wear.