- Perform a visual inspection of the three valves located on the side of the machine.
- If you see BSS residue in or around the clamps, wipe off the residue with a towel damped in alcohol.
- Use a syringe with a 22 gauge needle to inject distilled water into the pistons which are located inside the clamps.
- Follow up with an injection of alcohol using the same syringe.
- Test the movement of the valves by depressing foot pedal position “one”. This will open the middle valve. Depress the reflux pedal located on the inner upper housing of the foot pedal. This will open the top valve.
- If the foot pedal operates both the middle and the top valve, you may proceed with the surgical procedure.
- Warm up distilled water and squirt on valves. Take a small brush and try to clean up valves, removing any BSS that may have fallen onto the valves.
- Remove all tubing from the valves before disconnecting the Administration Lines.